Manitoba Bison Association Scholarship
The Manitoba Bison Association is pleased to offer a $500 scholarship for MBA members or their children attending a university, college, other post-secondary institution or pursuing trades training. This application process is for students who will be undertaking post-secondary studies in the 2021-22 academic year.
Completed applications and supporting documentation must be submitted by 4:00 p.m. Thursday, February 25, 2021. A selection committee will review the submissions. Winners will be notified by email on February 26, 2021.
The scholarship eligibility criteria is as follows:
● Must be a member or the child of a member of the MBA who is actively farming bison with a full membership (associate memberships will not be considered).
● Requirements (submit in one pdf file): ○ A copy of your resume, that includes 3 references and their contact information;
○ An essay (500 word maximum) outlining your family’s involvement in the bison industry as well as your future plans for post secondary education
and beyond; ○ A copy of your transcript (either high school, or a recognized college, university or trade school);
● Scholarship funds will be issued once proof of tuition has been paid and a copy of an official receipt is submitted to the MBA in September 2021.
● Recipients are only entitled to receive this scholarship once in their lifetime .
Applications accompanied by all documentation (in one pdf file) must be received via email by 4:00 p.m. on Thursday, February 25, 2021.